Awesome Walls Stockport
Did you see the climbing at the Olympics?
Childen aged six and upwards can participate in the many disciplines of modern-day rock climbing that they will want to return to again and again. Our expert staff will guide your group up the best possible climbs to ensure everyone goes away feeling accomplished and full of confidence.
Whether you want to provide opportunities for personal development teach climbing skills or just have some fun we offer sessions to suit your needs. We can deliver one-off sessions or blocks over several days/weeks.
Regular groups can even work towards NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme) and GCSE PE, which is recognised by the national governing body of mountain sports. They’ll learn new team working skills and boost their confidence!
- It’s great fun! Both physically and mentally challenging and a great adrenaline rush.
- It’s social. Climbers love to offer beta (advice) or encouragement.
You can rock climb all year. With indoor climbing, it doesn’t matter what the weather’s doing.
- It is inexpensive. You can hire equipment very cheaply until you know you are hooked and with pay monthly, climbing is great value.
- There is a brilliant sense of accomplishment every time you climb. There is something incredibly satisfying about physically making your way to the top.
- Climbing is great exercise, you can burn up to 900 calories per hour!
It teaches life skills – teamwork, problem-solving, exercise, courage and conviction.
- Climbing is never boring. There are so many routes on the walls, with a variety of challenges and these routes are changed regularly.
- It will make you a better version of yourself, challenge yourself every time you climb and learn important skills.
- It opens your life to awesome experiences. As you progress you may find the urge to climb outdoors where you can encounter breathtaking scenery and a wilderness adventure most people will never know.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Our qualified staff have a wealth of experience in delivering quality sessions to SEN, Primary, Secondary and Further Education groups. We can deliver sessions tailored to any given curriculum, at all key stages. We can also run sessions designed to promote team building and develop self-esteem. We can now offer a nationally recognised award for indoor rock climbing by means of the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS).
As part of the PE national curriculum, children are required to take part in outdoor and adventurous activities which present intellectual and physical challenges and be encouraged to work in a team, building on trust and developing skills to solve problems, either individually or as a group. At Awesome Walls we can work with children of all ages from infants to GCSE. If you need help with GCSE climbing let us do the hard work!
We can also offer the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS). NICAS offers five levels starting at very basic climbing building up to a good standard of climbing ability and knowledge. Full details of the NICAS awards can be found at www.nicas.co.uk
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY…
Bring your stamina along, you’ll need it! This is probably the best climbing wall I’ve been to. Plenty to do at all grades. Great staff, can’t fault it.
A fantastic venue with a range of problems to suit all abilities. Really friendly locals keen to share knowledge. Great cafe serving great coffee and bacon rolls.
I don’t say this lightly when I say that this is easily the best climbing centre in Sheffield and probably in the UK. I visited many climbing centres and the staff here are friendliest by quite some way.
Chris our instructor was very clear, calm and encouraging as he talked us through the session. We had a brilliant experience and my daughter is asking to come back for more.
Started with the induction session and enjoyed it so much we now visit once a week. Can see improvements with each visit. Great way to get fit and have fun at the same time!