Awesome Walls Liverpool
It’s an exciting time, climbing will be included in the Olympics for the first time in history in summer 2021, in Tokyo, Japan. This is a huge deal for the sport, and there has been a huge buzz ever since the monumental announcement was made back in 2016.
You do not have to be an athlete to try climbing. Awesome Walls has 4 climbing centres and offer bouldering and roped climbing. Why not come and try this fun, exciting sport and become a part of the vibrant climbing scene. Climbing is an exciting way to keep fit and have a blast.
- It’s great fun! Both physically and mentally challenging and a great adrenaline rush.
- It’s social. Climbers love to offer beta (advice) or encouragement.
You can rock climb all year. With indoor climbing, it doesn’t matter what the weather’s doing.
- It is inexpensive. You can hire equipment very cheaply until you know you are hooked and with pay monthly, climbing is great value.
- There is a brilliant sense of accomplishment every time you climb. There is something incredibly satisfying about physically making your way to the top.
- Climbing is great exercise, you can burn up to 900 calories per hour!
It teaches life skills – teamwork, problem-solving, exercise, courage and conviction.
- Climbing is never boring. There are so many routes on the walls, with a variety of challenges and these routes are changed regularly.
- It will make you a better version of yourself, challenge yourself every time you climb and learn important skills.
- It opens your life to awesome experiences. As you progress you may find the urge to climb outdoors where you can encounter breathtaking scenery and a wilderness adventure most people will never know.
Deciding to try an exciting new sport like climbing can be a bit overwhelming at first. Luckily for you, the Awesome Walls team are the best in the industry at removing barriers to participation and making climbing accessible to everyone.
Am I fit enough to try climbing? Is it Scary? Will I be safe? Is it only for guys? We all had ideas of what is involved in trying climbing for the first time… luckily climbing is for everybody! At Awesome Walls climbing centres you’ll find walls and challenges of every height and angle meaning that everyone can enjoy climbing from the very start. Climbing draws on far more qualities than simple physical strength. Balance, flexibility, confidence, determination, focus & problem solving all play a massive part in determining whether a climber succeeds. That’s why climbing is such a rapidly growing sport! Climbers with hugely different physical and mental attributes can still enjoy and progress on the same climb…. but accomplish it in a very different way!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY…
Bring your stamina along, you’ll need it! This is probably the best climbing wall I’ve been to. Plenty to do at all grades. Great staff, can’t fault it.
A fantastic venue with a range of problems to suit all abilities. Really friendly locals keen to share knowledge. Great cafe serving great coffee and bacon rolls.
Awesome place, great staff, great climbing. Really relaxed atmosphere, very patient instructors
Chris our instructor was very clear, calm and encouraging as he talked us through the session. We had a brilliant experience and my daughter is asking to come back for more.
Started with the induction session and enjoyed it so much we now visit once a week. Can see improvements with each visit. Great way to get fit and have fun at the same time!