Awesome Walls Stockport
Tired of the regular gym, want to turn up the fun in your workout? Try climbing…
- There is a brilliant sense of accomplishment every time you climb. There is something incredibly satisfying about physically making your way to the top.
- Climbing is great exercise, you can burn up to 900 calories per hour!
It teaches life skills – teamwork, problem-solving, exercise, courage and conviction.
- Bouldering is never boring. There are so many routes on the walls, with a variety of challenges and these routes are changed regularly.
- It will make you a better version of yourself, challenge yourself every time you climb and learn important skills
Information and Booking
- 100s of routes to climb
- Massive bouldering room
- Concept 2 exercise machines in a dedicated gym area
- Auto belay machines for individual climbing
- Instruction is available from friendly, knowledgeable, qualified staff
- Car parking
Deciding to try an exciting new sport like climbing can be a bit overwhelming at first. Luckily for you, the Awesome Walls team are the best in the industry at removing barriers to participation and making climbing accessible to everyone.
Am I fit enough to try climbing? Is it Scary? Will I be safe? Is it only for guys? We all had ideas of what is involved in trying climbing for the first time… luckily climbing is for everybody! At Awesome Walls climbing centres you’ll find walls and challenges of every height and angle meaning that everyone can enjoy climbing from the very start. Climbing draws on far more qualities than simple physical strength. Balance, flexibility, confidence, determination, focus & problem solving all play a massive part in determining whether a climber succeeds. That’s why climbing is such a rapidly growing sport! Climbers with hugely different physical and mental attributes can still enjoy and progress on the same climb…. but accomplish it in a very different way!
Bring your stamina along, you’ll need it! This is probably the best climbing wall I’ve been to. Plenty to do at all grades. Great staff, can’t fault it.
A fantastic venue with a range of problems to suit all abilities. Really friendly locals keen to share knowledge. Great cafe serving great coffee and bacon rolls.
I don’t say this lightly when I say that this is easily the best climbing centre in Sheffield and probably in the UK. I visited many climbing centres and the staff here are friendliest by quite some way.
Chris our instructor was very clear, calm and encouraging as he talked us through the session. We had a brilliant experience and my daughter is asking to come back for more.
Started with the induction session and enjoyed it so much we now visit once a week. Can see improvements with each visit. Great way to get fit and have fun at the same time!